The Password Compliance feature set is controlled by new Policy Security Settings, and provides administrators with more granularity in setting a policy for acceptable passwords on Notes IDs. When the user changes passwords, they will also be prompted with a dialog that reflects the policy,
- Your new password must
- Contain at least 'x' characters
- Contain a minimum of 'x' and a maximum of 'y' alphabetic characters
- Contain a minimum of 'x' and a maximum of 'y' numeric characters
- Not reuse any of the previous 'x' passwords
- Not contain your user name as part of the password
- Not start with 'xxx'
- Not end with 'yyy'
In addition to providing more flexibility in managing and complying with corporate password guidelines, this feature set will assist customers who may need to comply with the Italian Privacy Law, legislation enacted in Italy that requires all systems used or accessed by Italian citizens to provide and enforce a new set of password management features.