June 2006
PermaLink Language Pack Installer Problem28.06.2006 13:02
Today I tried to install a german Language Pack on IBM Lotus Domino 6.5.5 on RedHat Linux. The installer failed to start with the error message:
Unable to load native library: libjava.so: symbol __libc_wait, version GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference
I found Tecnote 1173500 giving the following help:
1. Get the file ftp://people.redhat.com/drepper/libcwait.c.
2. check if gcc is installed with "rpm -qa | grep gcc".
3. Install gcc if not present.
4. Compile the downloaded file with "gcc -shared -o libcwait.so -O -g libcwait.c".
5. Launch "export LD_PRELOAD=/path/to/libcwait.so".
6. Launch the LP installer.

I did just that and the language pack installer started successfully. I ansered all the questions and reached the point where the LP-installer checks if the domino servers version matches the LPs version. To my surprise, the installer stated that version 65050 does not match 6.5.5 and I should upgrade to that version.
As I was absolutely sure that the versions are correct I made several tries and finally found that the reason was that the file libcwait.so had wrong permissions. That file needs to have the execute right set!!!
You can easily modify the access rights using "chmod 777 libcwait.so"





PermaLink Apartement in Graz10.06.2006 19:42
I am trying to sell an apartment in Graz, St. Peter... (snip) Update: apartment sold

PermaLink Alternate Names08.06.2006 20:03
Today I was thinking about alternate names and playing around with issuing a cross certificate for /IBM I would like to ask you, if you use this feature because I know only one customer who uses alternate names. What are the issues/problems that prevent using it?
Isn't this feature meant to have also usernames with special characters, like german umlauts, in a person documents without using those special characters in the username? I think yes, but there may be issues not to use it this way as I know several customers using german umlauts in the username instead of using alternate names.

OK, I found one issue that is so awful, I can't believe this is working as designed. Have a user with plain ASCII in his username and add a alternate name having umplauts (you can have just ONE alternate name per user). Now open a new mail and the address dialog. You will see something similar to what I outline in the second screenshot: A dialog box presenting the username as "<Lastname>, <Firstname>" and additional as "<Firstname> <Lastname>/<Organisation>". I can't see the reason why this is completely off.

Disclaimer
The weblog represent my personal views and comments and does not represent the views of my current or previous employers or customers.
About me
By Category
The BlogRoll
Christians sites
other Bloggers
Travel related
RSS News Feed OpenNTF
Monthly Archive
2016
2014
2013
2012
2011
2010
2010
2010
2010
2009
2009
2009
2009
2009
2009
2009
2009
2008
2008
2008
2008
2008
2008
2008
2007
2007
2007
2007
2007
2007
2007
2007
2007
2007
2006
2006
2006
2006
2006
2006
2006
2006
2006
2006
2006
2006
2005
2005
2005
2005
2005
2005
2005
2005
2005
2005
2005
2004
2004
2004
2004
2004
2004
2004
2004
2004
2004
2004
2004
2003
2003
Full Archive
Advertisement